Tuesday, July 17, 2012

back to basics...

The storm rolled in about dusk last night. Big wind.... I saw lightening out of both my bedroom windows --major strikes, it seemed. D wanted to see a major prairie storm... I didn't... not so much.

This morning, I was awakened by the silence --the AC was off --silence interrupted by Joel's snore. The power was off. The house was stuffy --I went around and opened all the windows that I could open, went out with Mr. Witty....

When the power came back on --about 6:45, I checked the weather reports. We had 1" hail and 60mph winds --in the middle of the dark of the night.

Wow....

--and it's been so hot... over 100 yesterday and the day before... with no rain. Birds are hiding, and the ones we see are panting...  nothing else but crazy humans out and about. Even the cattle and horses are still --the young ones sprawled out on the ground....

And then this post was interrupted --a call --come with us to see the Wounded Knee artifacts --we want you with us in this... so I went running out of the house, collar barely buttoned... went to the two places, including the cultural resources office... it's been postponed until Thursday....

So, on with the day --still working to get insurance information for that pesky accident... where a parishioner backed in to me in a government vehicle... have had no action.... nervous....

And so it goes....

From Psalm 28

The LORD is my strength and my shield; *
my heart trusts in him, and I have been helped;
Therefore my heart dances for joy, *
and in my song will I praise him.
The LORD is the strength of his people, *
a safe refuge for his anointed.
Save your people and bless your inheritance; *
shepherd them and carry them for ever.


Ahhhh yes. Back to basics.

Amen.

1 comment:

Alyce said...

Hot. Stormy. Scary. Same everywhere this year. We're in Colorado Springs...our other "home." (I'm here to write a cookbook.)
During the year, I work in a church in Minneapolis (music) and live in the city of St. Paul. But nothing is like what Colorado is like this year. Our world. Ach. Sorry I don't get to your blog more often; my own writing takes a lot of my time. I pray for coolness, breath, and movement of air for you and for all of us this summer.