Saturday, July 21, 2012

G'wan. Go to church.

From the Gospel for tomorrow:

The apostles gathered around Jesus, and told him all that they had done and taught.

He said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest a while." For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. And they went away in the boat to a deserted place by themselves.

Now many saw them going and recognized them, and they hurried there on foot from all the towns and arrived ahead of them. As he went ashore, he saw a great crowd; and he had compassion for them...

G'wan. Go to church. Rest a while. And when you figure out you really aren't going to get a break, open your eyes with compassion...

--'cuz, what else are you going to do that's so important?!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Hmmm.... interesting question. Actually, if the sermon is bad (read: inauthentic and I know the preacher isn't telling the truth from his/her heart), and the presider isn't connected to the liturgy. I'd rather not go.

Just sayin'.....

it's margaret said...

yeah --I know what you mean....

--which is precisely my point...

Joel said...

Perhaps as God calls us to κοινωνία not for our own sake, but for another? As Christ went to Hell not for his own sake but for the sake of Adam... And me. Perhaps we are called to follow, not only to death, which even the military is what makes a hero in the worlds eyes, going to Hell for another is Love only in God's eyes. Even the cast off branches if the vine are burned and renourish the ground of the vine. Just thinking outloud, well on paper, well in text.

susankay said...

An old friend and spiritual advisor, a Jesuit named Paul Facey, told me when I complained that nothing was working as I did my twice daily contemplative prayer that I was at least being faithful which might lead to being faith full.