Thursday, July 12, 2012

Like an eagle rising

It's like making a bed --stripping it down isn't so hard. Crawling in to fresh sheets --delightful. It's rotating the mattress, finding the clean sheets and making the bed that seem to be the arduous parts... for me, at least.

So it is with my soul. And it seems that I've been doing a lot of remaking of my soul-bed lately.

So, today --I'm going to dig more prairie cactus out of the yard, and mow the lawn... vacuum the house or something....

--and just say my prayers, hoping that my prayers, lightly held today, are no less fervent, no further from the presence of God, than on the days I vigorously strip it all down and remake the whole bed --if you know what I mean.

--an almost rest from my labors... an almost Sabbath....

Sometimes, when I do that --do something else, and hold all else lightly --the whole world changes... you know what I mean?

At prayer this morning (Romans 9:20)
Will what is molded say to the one who molds it, “Why have you made me like this?”
Oh c'mon Paul. All the time! And, yes --it is infantilism that leads us to that place to cry like that --the me,me,me type of thought. And, if you are human, you go there every now and then.

Hey God, it's margaret. You know whom and what I am holding in prayer. I give it all to you. I lay it all down. And, now I'm going to do something else. Take a Sabbath. Did I say I'm just a little humbled out and terrified of the Wounded Knee project tomorrow at noon? And, yes, I remember before you the family that will gather tomorrow night and Saturday to bury their beloved mother. Help me walk with them through the valley of the shadow of death. And, yes, I saw you... in glory... like an eagle rising....




Amen.

4 comments:

Malinda said...

I remember what today is - was - a year ago. I remember. But I think tomorrow is more important.

it's margaret said...

My dear friend. Yeppa. Tomorrow is more important, but the tears still flow with all that was lost.

Thank you. Love you.

JCF said...

Gorgeous pic!

Yes, take a Sabbath---take a nap! Zzzzzz.... }-)

danielrondeau said...

Prayers ascending for you as you become an advocate on Friday. A prayer written by another, but now spoken by me for you "May God give you light to guide you, courage to support you, and love to unite you with those you serve, now and evermore." God bless you "real good" Margaret. ~dan