Friday, November 16, 2012

master of ceremonies

A quick --very quick sort of prayer:

Happy Birthday to my beloved man --yes, born on my Saint's name day, so there was no hope for you from the beginning. I adore thee.

Thank you to Bonnie Anderson for the continued quilt auction --I cannot tell you how this has lifted spirits here as we are hunkering down for the winter. The auction is raising $$$ for heat --we do 50 funerals or so here a year as part of our outreach (most churches will only bury active members, and many do not allow other forms of prayer --such as Traditional Lakota prayer or the Drum --but we do). So --thank you Bonnie, thank you --and thank you to all who are participating in the auction. I am filled with gratitude and joy at the generosity --THANK YOU!

And, yes, last night was the anniversary to my being ordained as a priest. I am overjoyed that the Spirit finally knocked my man on the head (he was utterly opposed to the ordination of women for the first 25 years I knew him, and on the way home from church about 14 years ago he stopped the car and wept --and then before I knew it, there I was --in seminary). I feel fully alive and well used as a priest. Especially way out here in the center of every where.

And, today I have pastoral calls and a fund raiser in the church and a funeral --so off I go....

At prayer this morning (from James 1:16)

Do not be deceived, my beloved. Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. In fulfillment of his own purpose he gave us birth by the word of truth, so that we would become a kind of first fruits of his creatures.

Amen to that.
Guys at the door --wanting to be fed by the "master of ceremonies" --heheheheh!

Off I go.

2 comments:

Nij said...

Dear Margaret & Joel,

Congratulations, His and Her congratulations! Hope u both had a special kind of day!

The best part of it all is that u found each other and each of you found a way to love and serve God.

There is a wonderful sort of completeness in that........

nij

Renee said...

Happy priestly birthday! It is a good and joyful thing.