Thursday, November 29, 2012

Overcast. Partly cloudy. Fog. 18 degrees

Thursday
Overcast in the morning, then partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 34F with a windchill as low as 12F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 15 mph.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Low of 21F. Winds from the South at 5 to 15 mph.
I guess that means we won't see much of the sun. And, the low tonight will be warmer than it is now. Well... I guess that's good news of a sort.

Sounds like a good day to have a fire in the fire place and do my paperwork. --like, writing thank you notes.

I am so entirely grateful for the unexpected support from so many of you. Thank you. Thank you so very much. Thank you. I suppose you do have an idea of what it means to receive your gifts --I can only hope and pray that some day you will come here and see your generosity at work...

This thank you was interrupted by my gazing out the window and seeing Joel standing there with his arms out and Paeha off the leash running around like crazy not listening to a word he said and Mr. Witty enjoying of every minute of it --and some guys with their dogs on the other side of the fence and all hell ready to break loose at any minute --so I ran out in my pj's and sat down on the frozen ground and coaxed him in --took three tries.... --and then I was able to grab his foot.

His running was glorious, absolutely glorious--head high, so fast, as fast as the wind.... Too bad it was tempered by my anxiety for him. Rez dogs do run wild here... quite wild, and they kill to eat.

We. Will. Build. That. Fence. So, they can run and run and run...

Whew....

Now, where was I?

At prayer this morning (a portion of Psalm 72)

“I will not come under the roof of my house, *
nor climb up into my bed;
I will not allow my eyes to sleep, *
nor let my eyelids slumber;
Until I find a place for the LORD, *
a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.”

--nor until my little dogs are safe....

Now I will put on dinner to cook, and then take it this afternoon to a family where the father lies near death. Please pray for him, his wife and his children and grandchildren.

Please pray for the D family --a young mother flipped her car into a ditch because of the washboard surface of the gravel road --and she drowned. She will be buried in our cemetery in Blackfoot.

And please pray for the P family who lost a matriarch last night. Their family is from Red Scaffold, and we will bury her there.

Please pray for the children in Cherry Creek, so remote and an entry place for drugs on the Reservation.

Please pray for T's family, who continue to have a tough time with his death.

Please pray for our Lay Readers. Please pray for Deacon --and our Deacon to be.

Please pray for those without shelter, for those who live in the tin tipis (FEMA trailers) without water or heat, for those who don't have enough fuel, for the elderly with no one to tend to them --for those who suffer from health ailments --especially those with diabetes, for those who suffer from addiction --and for the children who harbor thoughts of suicide.

Please pray for those who have shared their money and time for those who live here. Thanksgivings.

Off I go.

4 comments:

susankay said...

Our new puppy runs like that. So many prayers needed and given -- I don't know how to do more.

it's margaret said...

we once leashed our unlearned puppy to our very obedient older dog. it worked like a charm. they got to run, and when i whistled, they both came back. we might just do that again, mr witty consenting, of course!

JCF said...

Running dogs, running happy.

Prayers ascending!

susan s. said...

Yes, so many prayers!