Tuesday, January 22, 2013

entirely grateful

It seemed as exciting as Christmas in our house this morning --the dogs licking and pronking on my bed to get me up early. We put the water on and tromped outside in the near zero temperature to the 1/2 inch or so of new snow --and ran and ran and ran in absolute delight. While the coffee was making, the dog cookies were counted and carefully placed on tables --and when the coffee was done, the cookies were shared with much shaking and excitement and running up and down the hall and barking. And then each lap was graced, and dogs looking out the windows and barking and finally an after cookie before breakfast snooze.

And then there was breakfast.... And even greater delight.

And I am so grateful --for this time, this time together, this time here. I am on vacation, and have thought of so many words, and haven't yet written them, and had so much time to reflect and rest -I am so very grateful.

And each time we think --let's go some where-- --let's go to Rapid and go out to a movie and spend the night-- and then we turn the fireplace on and snooze and sit comfortably drinking tea or hot chocolate instead. I read a book yesterday. A whole book. In one sitting. Without interruption. How long has it been since I just sat and read? And then we get a knock on the door, and someone has sent a gift to the churches of new Paschal candles. And I am so entirely grateful.

We haven't even been to the post office to check our box, we've been so lazy. We haven't even vacuumed or done the dishes, we've been so lazy.

And I am so entirely grateful.

At prayer this morning (Ephesians 4, ending with verse 16 --see how lazy I am --I won't even look it up)

The gifts he gave were that some would be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ.

We must no longer be children, tossed to and fro and blown about by every wind of doctrine, by people’s trickery, by their craftiness in deceitful scheming.

But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love.

And the body must rest, too.

The body must rest.

And, so, I am trying to set a good example --and rest.
And I am so entirely grateful!

Peace out!

And, blogger refuses to acknowledge the word PRONKING --so, just prove that such a word exists, and what absolute delight it signifies, here:

2 comments:

Stella said...

I'm so pleased to have found your blog and read about your life and work in Eagle Butte.
I sounds as if you are having a wonderful vacation and I hope that it leaves you rested and renewed.
God Bless

it's margaret said...

thank you Stella. I'm glad you left a comment.