Friday, January 11, 2013

I will take that as a hint

The moon is zero percent full.
It's promising to snow like all get out. And be dreadfully cold, too.

Music for the day:















At prayer this morning:

Psalm 148

Hallelujah!
Praise the LORD from the heavens; *
praise him in the heights.
Praise him, all you angels of his; *
praise him, all his host.
Praise him, sun and moon; *
praise him, all you shining stars.
Praise him, heaven of heavens, *
and you waters above the heavens.
Let them praise the Name of the LORD; *
for he commanded, and they were created.
He made them stand fast for ever and ever; *
he gave them a law which shall not pass away.

Praise the LORD from the earth, *
you sea-monsters and all deeps;
Fire and hail, snow and fog, *
tempestuous wind, doing his will;
Mountains and all hills, *
fruit trees and all cedars;
Wild beasts and all cattle, *
creeping things and wing├Ęd birds;
Kings of the earth and all peoples, *
princes and all rulers of the world;
Young men and maidens, *
old and young together.
Let them praise the Name of the LORD, *
for his Name only is exalted,
his splendor is over earth and heaven.
He has raised up strength for his people
and praise for all his loyal servants, *
the children of Israel, a people who are near him.
Hallelujah!

Psalm 150

Hallelujah!
Praise God in his holy temple; *
praise him in the firmament of his power.
Praise him for his mighty acts; *
praise him for his excellent greatness.
Praise him with the blast of the ram’s-horn; *
Praise him with lyre and harp.
Praise him with timbrel and dance; *
praise him with strings and pipe.
Praise him with resounding cymbals; *
praise him with loud-clanging cymbals.
Let everything that has breath *
praise the Lord.
Hallelujah!

Praise to the holy and undivided Trinity, one God: *
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

And, of course, a little gospel (John 6:15)

When Jesus realized that they were about to come and take him by force to make him king, he withdrew again to the mountain by himself.

I love that line --make him king by force.... and the gospel fully implies it is not because they believed what he said, but because he fed and healed them.

Oh dear.... somehow I hit publish by mistake when trying to format the blockquote.... Now when I come back to finish my thought above, I realize I have totally lost my thread with the fluster. I will take that as a hint from the powers that be, and quit here.

Off I go.

7 comments:

it's margaret said...

Oh no!!!!! Somehow I hit publish before I finished! Oh well.... I'll keep writing and post again....

kishnevi said...

It's not "zero full moon", it's the new moon.

Rosh Chodesh.

In this case, the month of Shevat.
15 Shevat--Tu B'Shvat--is the New Year of the Trees, the demarcation of the agricultural years. (And because it's on the 15h, it's the full moon. Or a hundred percent full moon, I suppose.

My calendar even gives the precise time of the new moon as observed in Jerusalem--the molad--which will be Saturday morning at 4:53 AM (plus 13 chalakim; a chalak is a part of a minute but I don't know how many chalakim go into a minute).

BTW, has anyone mentioned this new Blogger spam deflector is a real pain?

susan s. said...

When the moon is 0% does that mean there are solid clouds?

susan s. said...

I've almost gotten used to the "robot proof" passwords!

it's margaret said...

kishnevi --I wrote "zero full moon" because that is what my moon gadget on my home page said! Oh well --love the info you your calendar!

--and, yes --I hate it on other's pages, but I was getting literally thousands of spam hits every week. It was a pain in the butt... so, sorry, this is the best I can do with the systems blogger gives me.

it's margaret said...

susan! --your posts came after I posted!

I think it's not the clouds --but that the earth itself is hogging all the sunlight... poor moon.

susan s. said...

Oh, and I am going to get to hear The American Bach Soloists do the St. John on the 26th with my favorite baritone singing Jesus. It's such a wonderful piece!