Thursday, March 7, 2013

music to drive by

I'm feeling wrung out this morning... I guess what with four funerals in five days and what not.... So, I am not finding many words to string together in my prayers.

And, I am readying to go to Rapid. There are four folks I know over in the hospital --so I am packing the husband and the dogs in the car to make the journey. The winds that battered the house last night have settled down, so the ride ought to be easier than not. On the way, we will go down the back road through Cherry Creek and drop off some money for gas for a parishioner whose 35 year old son is very sick in ICU with a ruptured colon in the hospital in Sioux Falls and they don't have enough money to get there to be with him.  So we will strive to make it happen. The directions to the house in a place with no house numbers is 'go down the road to the church, make a right turn instead, and it's the first red house'...

I love that. The Patriot Act does not. But that is a whole other story.

So, off I go...

At prayer this morning (from Romans 5, ending with verse 21)

Therefore just as one man’s trespass led to condemnation for all, so one man’s act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all. For just as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous. But law came in, with the result that the trespass multiplied; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, just as sin exercised dominion in death, so grace might also exercise dominion through justification leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Music to drive by:



Peace out.

1 comment:

susan s. said...

Rubenstein and Mozart are a lovely combination. I have been thinking about you since I read this earlier. I hope you are okay.

I met Rubenstein when I was a senior in college. He looked just about the age he looks in the picture. I think he was in his 80s.